Membership runs from 8/1 until 7/31
Limit 4 coaches per team. Use correct US Amateur Team ID number.
Watch the Concussion Video
New! Background checks and Virtual Badge. Please read the directions, it’s changed! There are 3 steps to complete the process.
Easy as 1,2,3. Be sure to complete all 3 steps.
- Apply and Pay. You will receive email for Sterling.
- Create account and submit background (Sterling Background) OR If you already have a log in, log in and share your background with us.
- Once approved get your virtual badge app on your phone. (Virtual Badge) The directions are provided via email once your background has been approved. No hats or anything that covers your head or face, please, when taking your photo.
1. Click the link. Pay. Once payment is successfully completed you will be directed to Sterling Background checks website. Make sure email address is correct.
2. Create an account with Sterling. If you coach for another organization that uses Sterling, use that log in and share your background with us. Complete all information for background and submit. If you have a current Sterling Background, log in and share your background with us.
Information needed: US Amateur Team name
Team ID# Click here if you do not have your Team ID# You will be directed to the US Amateur website directory.
Your personal information will be required. Your rights are included and your permission to run the background is required. We only run a criminal background check. Please check both boxes. Please double check that your information is entered accurately.
Felonies/Misdemeanors: If you have a felony against you, an appeal is required. Age of felony does not matter. If we have an appeal on file and you have not changed organizations, we will use those appeal records if applicable. Appeal process. Most misdemeanors are approved. Violent misdemeanors may require a letter of appeal.
3. Once approved, you will receive an email with directions to get your Virtual Badge on your phone. Choose Coach. NO Hats or anything that covers your face please! All contact is via email. Please be sure to enter your name and email exactly as it was done on your background. (We are NOT mailing badges this year. All badges are virtual badges)
FAQ has common questions about Virtual Badge
One badge per coach per phone and per email.
If you have a question about this process, call our office 813-414-3532 between 9:00 a.m. and 5 p.m. or email us and we will reply as soon as possible.
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.